- Back a driver to win great prizes
- Who are you backing?
Andy Vs. Joey – Watch the DTM and ALMS drivers get competitive off the track. View the video below!
Throughout the BMW Motorsport season, Joey and Andy will go head-to-head in a series of challenges exclusively for Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts. Back the driver you think will win - and you could be a winner too! Think you know who can pick up the most jellybeans using chopsticks? Or who's going to win a game of table tennis? It's time to tell us.
Simply enter your details and your chosen driver for the chance to get your hands on some great prizes - including fantastic track day experiences, and official BMW Motorsport merchandise. You can also see how they have performed in previous challenges, as they make their way across the globe on their journey for success. It is one more way that you can play to win, with Crowne Plaza!
Back a driver and you could win a BMW Motorsport Sports Bag and a Weekend Break at a Crowne Plaza® Hotel!
Golf Buggy Challenge
Crowne Plaza Colchester - Five LakesAfter an exciting season on the track, Andy and Joey are now hard at work in the UK – as brand ambassadors for both BMW Motorsport and Crowne Plaza. After visiting a few local BMW dealers, they arrive at the Crowne Plaza Colchester – Five Lakes where they are scheduled to be guest speakers at a Hotel General Managers Conference.
Set in 320 acres of lush, unspoiled Essex countryside, the hotel offers some of South East England’s finest sports facilities including two magnificent 18-hole golf courses, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, covered and uncovered driving ranges and a UEFA-certified football pitch.
For once, Andy and Joey agree on what they would like to do! Both think that a round of golf would be the perfect way to spend an afternoon. However, both courses look so wonderful, they simply cannot decide which one to play: The Lakes or The Links. As ever, only a challenge will settle their dilemma. So, it is time for a race... on the golf buggies!
With the help of a few friends, they set up a track. First one over the finish line chooses which course they play. Start your engines...
Vote for who you think will win and you will have the chance to be a winner too. Everyone who supports the winning driver will be entered into a prize draw to win a BMW Motorsport Sports Bag and a Weekend Break at one of our Crowne Plaza® Hotels.
Come back in a few weeks to find out who won, and where in the world Andy and Joey are next. Throughout the year we will have more fun, challenges and chances to win.
You can also find us on Facebook! Follow Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts for competitions, great prizes and more of Andy and Joey's antics on and off the track.
Thank you for entering the competition
- The Pancake Challenge
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve
- Andy and Joey have a few days off, and where better for them to stay than the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura, Portugal? With its beachfront location and huge spa and fitness centre, it is the perfect place to relax. Andy and Joey are spoilt for choice. Andy wants a run along the beach – while Joey would prefer eighteen holes on Vilamoura's world-class golf course. They can't agree, so it is time for a challenge! As it is Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day), they head to the kitchens - It is pancake making time! Whoever can flip their pancake the most times in a minute – wins! The winner? Andy Priaulx.
- The Chocolate Tower Challenge
- Crowne Plaza Zurich
- After a meeting with the BMW Motorsport team, Andy and Joey drive across the border to Zurich. Later at the Crowne Plaza Zurich, they relax in their super-stylish rooms. Remembering they are in a country famed for its chocolate, Andy and Joey decide to visit a top Swiss confectionery company. But which one? Joey's keen to see Lindt's Chocolate Factory outlet, Andy would rather take a trip to Toblerone. Whoever can build the tallest Toblerone tower, will earn the right to choose. The winner? Joey Hand!
- The Archery Challenge
- Crowne Plaza Nottingham
- After a successful conclusion to the 2012 race season for BMW, Andy and Joey find themselves with their families in Nottingham. Staying at the Crowne Plaza Nottingham, for once they have both agreed to go to the nearby Theatre Royal in the evening. However, they can't decide on what to see - Joey wants to go to the pantomime, whilst Andy wants to go to Magic of Christmas concert. The Challenge? Since Andy and Joey are in Nottingham, they decide to challenge each other Robin Hood style with a bow and arrow. The winner? Joey Hand!
- The Scaletrix Challenge
- Crowne Plaza Heidelberg
- Andy and Joey are in Heidelberg for the last race of the season at Hockenheim. After a gruelling practice session, they are unwinding at the Crowne Plaza Heidelberg in the heart of the city. First, they will enjoy an invigorating swim in the pool, then a relaxing massage at the tranquil Wellness Spa before joining the rest of the team for dinner. The challenge? Since this is a race weekend, they want a motorsport theme – but the closest thing they can find is a Scaletrix set! The goal is set: the driver who completes the most laps in 30 seconds will win their massage. The winner? Andy Priaulx!
- The Table Tennis Challenge
- Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing
- Andy and Joey are in Beijing, staying at the contemporary Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing. It boasts two great restaurants: Taking some time out from their promotional schedule they are swimming in the indoor rooftop pool with majestic views across Beijing. In the distance they can see the Forbidden City, Beijing's Imperial network of wooden temples and palaces and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The challenge? Finding a nearby table tennis table, the person with the most points in a five minutes game wins. The winner? Andy Priaulx!
- The Jellybean Challenge
- Crowne Plaza London – The City
- Andy and Joey were in central London, staying at the contemporary Crowne Plaza London – The City hotel, next to Blackfriars and the Victoria Embankment. It boasts two great restaurants: Refettorio, the award-winning Italian restaurant directed by Michelin-starred Chef Giorgio Locatelli, and The Chinese Cricket Club, offering a mouth-watering range of Sichuan and Dim Sum specialities with a modern twist. The challenge? Who could pick the most jelly beans out of the bowl in a minute using chopsticks. The winner? Joey Hand!